Nature & Culture at Sognefjorden & Jotunheimen
Welcome to Lærdal, a beautiful village in the heart of the Sognefjord - with spectacular nature and particularly good activity opportunities for all age groups! Take the time to watch our great film that shows a bit of what Lærdal has to offer as a destination. Further information about Lærdal and the surrounding area can be found below the video
In Lærdal you will find magnificent nature experiences whether you travel by car, bus, bicycle or by foot. In addition to the beautiful nature experiences, we have great terrain for many kinds of sports as well as hunting and fishing. Lærdal also offers a large selection of marked hiking trails. Below you will find your own menus for different experiences with us.
What can Lærdal offer as a destination?
- Relaxed surroundings that give off the holiday feeling you need.
- Spectacular mountain tours with magical views of the fjord & mountains.
- Great cycling terrain along the Sognefjord, up the valley or over the Aurlandsfjellet.
- World-renowned culture at Gamle Lærdalsøyri, Borgund Stavkyrkje & Kongevegen/ Vindhellavegen
- Norwegian Villaks Center & Art Museum
- The famous salmon river "Lærdalselva"
- A unique, dry climate with around 500- 600 mm of annual rainfall - Considered one of the three driest places in Norway
Click on the articles below to read more and learn about what Lærdal offers as a destination!